Adify Top Leaderboard

Mar 5, 2008

Brett Favre cannot believe Aaron Rodgers is falling for "retirement" prank

GREEN BAY, WI - Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre today expressed amazement to close friends that teammate Aaron Rodgers is falling for his elaborate "retirement" practical joke.

"Every year after the season ends, I get him all wound up, thinking that maybe this year will be the year that he gets to take over," Favre told a group of close friends at a Green Bay TGI Fridays. "I think he was starting to catch on, so I had to amp things up a little bit after this season. But man oh man, is he falling for it hook, line and sinker."

According to Favre, only a small number of people know about his prank, and Green Bay head coach Mike McCarthy is not one of them.

"I feel bad about keeping secrets from Coach, but I just couldn't take the risk of him slipping up and spilling the beans," Favre said. "Plus, he's probably already making his plans for how to run the offense with Aaron, and who his back-up ups are going to be - all the better to sell the plan."

Favre has apparently already worked out how to spring the reveal of the prank on Rodgers. Without going into detail with his friends, he did say that "when I take off my fake mustache and tear-away janitor outfit with my uniform underneath, Aaron is going to lose it. I can't wait to see the look on his face!"

Posted by The Duke of Everything

BallHype: hype it up!