Adify Top Leaderboard

Jan 25, 2008

Your Face is a Sports Blog mentioned by a certain New York newspaper

I was quoted in an article about the Super Bowl quarterbacks in a small newspaper. You might have heard of it - the New York Times. I'm pretty much as stunned as you can possibly be. There is roughly zero percent chance that I'm doing anything but buying about 20 copies on Sunday. Yeah, me as the guy who wrote "Friday Night Lights" - I'd say we're equally qualified to be interviewed as experts.

The best part is that I received a second quote, and there got a "Mr. Manfredi" usage on second reference. The Old Grey Lady's naming policies might be arcane, but it's the New York Times, and it's still stupidly cool.

I'm going to celebrate by having a Dr Pepper - and not even a Diet one. I know how to live large.

(Note: The story is in the "Style" section of the paper. As I type this blog post, I am wearing jeans that are "pegged" because it's raining and I don't want them to get soaked, and a T-shirt from a local liquor store that my wife bought for me at Goodwill for $0.99 because there's a typo in the phone number. Yeah, I'm Mr. GQ Smoothie.)

Posted by The Duke of Everything

BallHype: hype it up!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Badass man. Congrats.

Jeff Hopkins said...

Holy sh*t, you blew up fast.

Now I can say I read your blog back when you were cool and had cred.

The Duke of Everything said...

Yes, I have officially lost all of my street cred. Guess I'll just have to start buying ridiculous amounts of bling, and buying a carload of Taco Bell tacos just to throw them out the window "because I can" to get my cred back.

clydesdale said...

well done duke!

MCBias said...

Congrats! Always good to see some blogger coverage in the mainstream.