Adify Top Leaderboard

Jan 23, 2008

Inspired by Barefoot Coach, Majerus to Coach Pantsless


ST. LOUIS – Inspired by IUPUI men’s basketball head coach Ron Hunter’s pledge to coach his team’s next game barefoot to raise awareness for a charity, University of St. Louis head coach Rick Majerus pledged today to coach the Billikens’ upcoming game Saturday against La Salle naked from the waist down.

“I heard about Coach Hunter, and thought what the heck, why not try to do him one better,” Majerus said. “I mean, the worst part of coaching is having to wear pants, so this is a perfect chance to avoid that all together.”

During a press conference on Majerus’ plans, the coach was asked which charity he was raising awareness for with his stunt, a question which confused the rotund coach.

“Charity? I don’t know what you mean,” Majerus said. “I thought that Coach Hunter just didn’t like wearing shoes. Well, there has to be some sort of charity that donates pants to needy Africans, right? If not, there should be."

A representative of the University of St. Louis said that the Catholic institution had no comment on Majerus’ plans, although they would rather that Majerus go back to commenting on abortion.

Posted by The Duke of Everything

BallHype: hype it up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good stuff... My cousin once told me he had dinner with this man. And his comment about his eating was simply "the man can eat bread like I'v never seen"

Scott Jonesilicious said...

But where will he keep his clipboard?

I'm sorry, that may only be a Marty Schottenheimer joke.