Adify Top Leaderboard

Oct 31, 2007

The Handicapabling Challenge Week 1 Review

I went 3-2 with my picks from last week. Which I'm happy with - 3-2 means that I won money (in theory). Of course, my 10-Star ACC Lock of the Year - Virginia Tech over BC - crapped out. But, I'm up on fknmclane by one game after the first week, and really that's what matters.

Along with the above-mentioned game, my other loss was picking the NY Giants over Miami. The Giants won, but they didn't come close to covering the 9 1/2 point spread. Looking back, I should have known better. I broke one of my cardinal rules of sports handicapping, especially football: don't bet on a favorite if they have a lousy offense. You're asking them to not only win, but win by several points. If teams have lousy offenses, then there are going to be a lot of one and two-point games.

And it's not like it's a surprise that Tech's offense stunk - I said so much in the preview. And asking the Giants to beat anyone by 10? Even Miami? I should have had my head examined after choosing that.

As for this week, games are being reviewed, information is being poured over, and tarot cards are being shuffled.

Posted by The Duke of Everything

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: