Adify Top Leaderboard

Oct 24, 2007

Brady Quinn makes dumb bets

Say what you will about the questionable choices Browns rookie and former Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn makes in front of the camera, but you have to say this: he makes equally bad decisions on what bets to take. At least that's the impression I get after learning that he had made a "jersey bet" with former USC and retired NFL QB Rodney Peete over the outcome of last week's game. The upshot? Quinn had to wear a USC jersey in interviews this week.

My favorite part of the story is his new teammate and former USC All-American LB Willie McGinest confronting him after Quinn had thrown the jersey in the trash:

When he finished with his interview, Quinn quickly ripped off the jersey and slam dunked it into a nearby garbage can.

A few minutes later, Browns linebacker Willie McGinest, a former USC All-American, confronted Quinn in front of his locker. McGinest wanted to know what Quinn had done with the jersey.

"You acting up?" McGinest said.

"I didn't make the bet with you," Quinn said.

Although the story leaves out what happened next, I'd like to think that the phrases "a hail of punches", "face looking like a side of meat" or "eating solid food in 6 to 8 weeks" were involved, but I think I'm being wildly optimistic.

But apparently I'm not as optimistic as Quinn, who made what has to be one of the most lopsided bets in dumb bet history. I mean, even before the start of the season, did he think there was any chance that Notre Dame was going to win this game? And I know, Stanford, Stanford, Stanford. But we also didn't know just how lousy Notre Dame was going to be - I don't know if this would have been a dumber bet to take before the season started or right before the game.

I'm not saying that Brady Quinn is a sucker, but I'd like to go "heads I win, tails you lose" for a month's paycheck against him.


Brady Quinn, the pride of Notre Dame
(photo credit Deadspin.com)

Posted by The Duke of Everything

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: