Adify Top Leaderboard

Nov 11, 2008

Palmer pretty sure he doesn't want to play this week

CINCINNATI - Bengals QB Carson Palmer, who has watched from the sidelines with an elbow injury for six of the last seven games as the team has slumped to a 1-8 record, said on Tuesday that there was "no way" he would play this coming Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles.

"No, my, um, my elbow still is way to sore to get out there right now," Palmer said. "Yeah, it's really sore. Ooh, oww!"

Palmer then shook his arm and grabbed at his elbow while wincing in an exaggerated manner.

Palmer said that he re-injured his elbow yesterday afternoon while watching tapes of the Bengals' offense this season.

"I was feeling pretty good, but then I reached for the remote to fast-forward through tape of (back-up) Ryan Fitzpatrick getting sacked over and over, and I must have tweaked my elbow again," he said. "It's a real shame, because I was really looking forward to coming back this week."

Palmer also responded to criticism that he had been using the injury as an excuse to avoid playing for the Bengals as the team struggles this season. Newspaper reports have had him doing several activities that would appear to place great strain on his injured elbow, including golfing, playing tennis, and arm wrestling.

"That's all part of my rehabilitation program," Palmer said. "I know it might look bad, but my doctor assures me that this aggressive, alternative form of treatment is what's best for me right now."

Palmer has been working with his personal doctor instead of Bengals' team trainers, and has not let them inspect his injured elbow in the past four weeks. Palmer's physician, Dr. Leo Spaceman, was not available for comment.

Although he didn't want to speculate, Palmer said the soft tissue injury in his elbow could take "months, maybe years" to heal, but added that it would probably heal faster if he was playing somewhere other than Cincinnati.

Posted by The Duke of Everything

BallHype: hype it up!

1 comment:

Texans tickets said...

I am sure fans must have got impressed with this blog!!!