Adify Top Leaderboard

Feb 26, 2008

My Face is a Giant Mess

I have a new rule for living, one that I should have learned a while ago: doctors lie to their patients all of the time. For example, if they say that you'll be "up and around the next day" after a surgery, what they actually mean is "five days later, you'll still feel like barely warmed-over death." It's a slight, subtle difference between the two.

As fknmclane mentioned earlier, I've been down since Thursday after having...well, I guess it's fair to say that they pretty much removed my sinuses and decided to "start from scratch." It's five days on now, and I still feel lousy - I can't breathe, my nose hurts and is still oozing blood/water/mystery liquid (brain juice? transmission fluid? Tang?) every few minutes. Plus, I'm tired. Really, really tired. Like, "falling asleep at my desk" tired. At least my office passive-aggressively guilt-tripped me into coming into work today instead of working from home.

Good times!

Expect the posts to be even more bizarre and meandering than usual - at least until I can get through a day without washing my Vicodin down with a whiskey chaser. So, probably early April.

Posted by The Duke of Everything

BallHype: hype it up!

3 comments:

clydesdale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
clydesdale said...

vicodin? the only thing that does is not let you shit for days upon days. been there done that.

Unknown said...

Get well Duke. I miss you. I miss your smell. I miss your laugh. Maybe when you get better we could get a condo together.