Adify Top Leaderboard

Dec 10, 2007

Oh My God, This is Actually Working! I'm Flyi---SPLAT!

For those of you who think that parachuting is old news, that base jumping is so not "radical", "extreme" or "cool", here's the latest trend: wing suits. As in, wearing suits that have "wings", that proponents hope will lead to one day being able to jump out of an airplane and land without a parachute.

Here's a picture of the "wing suit" worn by enthusiast Jeb Corliss:

If you are like me, you are expecting to see the words "Acme Corporation" on the suit somewhere...




More specifically, the problem isn't so much "jumping" out of an airplane and landing - gravity kind of takes care of that. As French jumper Loïc Jean-Albert told the New York Times:

"You might do it well one time and try another time and crash and die."

Which is also what one might say about having Rex Grossman as your starting quarterback. Folks! I'll be here all week.

Not to say that I'm not impressed...but jump from an airplane and successfully land WHILE SLAMMING A MOUNTAIN DEW!!! and then I'll be really impressed.

Posted by The Duke of Everything

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: