Adify Top Leaderboard

Nov 15, 2007

Breaking News: Bonds Provides Nation with Collective Moment of Schadenfreude

If you haven't heard yet, Barry Bonds has been indicted by a federal grand jury on perjury and obstruction of justice charges. If convicted, he could face up to 30 years in jail.

I haven't had time to digest this yet, so bear with me before I give you my ill-informed hard-hitting opinions on everything. Although I would like to point out that I find it interesting that President Bush issued a statement that he was "very disappointed to hear this". This from the same guy whose Texas Rangers, while he was managing partner, traded for Jose Canseco, and also had Sammy Sosa and Rafael Palmeiro on the roster.

Mainly this is friendly warning to avoid ESPN for at least the next 48 hours as I'm sure they are on "BREAKING NEWS RED ALERT CRITICAL MASS" level with their coverage right about now.

Note: Maybe Bonds should take a closer look at that contract offer from the Washington Wild Things of the independent Frontier League. It might be as good as it gets next season.

Posted by The Duke of Everything

BallHype: hype it up!

1 comment:

BJ said...

I swear, every time I try to watch PTI, they either have some bullshit "breaking news" story on all 8 of their channels, or they've got Dan Lebatard/Bob Ryan cohosting. They're not even good shows, but Around the Horn and PTI are pretty much the only way I can stomach American sports news. So, as usual, fuck ESPN.